Our comfy Jersey Short is a Fresh Produce classic for good reason--its easy style, practical pockets and colorful looks. One of your summer essentials. 100% Cotton, elastic waistband with drawstring, deep side seam pockets, Made in the USA.
about our color - garment dyeGarment Dye is the process that makes Fresh Produce clothing look and feel sun washed and beach worn. We sew up the style and then dip it in Fresh Produce Color. The process requires heat so all of our garment dyed clothing is pre-shrunk, soft, and fabulous! (This is also why size specifications can be slightly different.) We love how garment dye brings out the individual personality of each garment -- just like our customers, no two are exactly alike! Color variances and/or fading are normal.
wash & care - keep your colors brightAt Fresh Produce we're all about keeping it easy. Unless otherwise noted in the description, all of our product can be machine washed in cold and tumble dried on low. Avoid using detergent bleaches, stain removers, or fabric softeners. For stains we recommend using a mild dish washing detergent (Hint! DAWN) directly on stains, let sit for 15-30 minutes, then wash as usual.
fabrication specificsFor more information about the specific fabrics we use, or other terms on our site, please reference our FP Glossary
Our styles fit just like our attitude -- relaxed and carefree. Did we mention we hate fuss? Throw-on-and-go pieces are casual, easy-to-pair and designed to have you out the door in no time. Our clothes are crafted with a relaxed fit in quality fabrics meant to flatter and move, never to cling or restrict. The unique garment dye process gives each style it's own character-- always pre-shrunk, soft and vibrant, ready to be worn again and again.
*all measurements are shown in inches
- Great shorts! -Lovinda
- Over the years I've had about ten pairs of these. Love 'em!
- greatshorts -debra
- shorts are great I have been buying for over ten years and love them
- own several pair -Dorothy
- Bought my first pair about 8 years ago. Love them.
- Great shorts! -Macuqui
- I have two pair of these, the yellow and the green. They fit great and are very comfortable. I am 5' 2" and bought the small .
- Perfect shorts for lounging -Sharyle
- I love these shorts because they are super comfortable. They are soft and fit loosely. I like the pockets, too. I'm normally a size 12-14 on the bottom. I can wear the size medium shorts if I want a closer fit and the large if I want a looser fit. I have these shorts in several colors in both sizes. They wash well, too.
- Great shorts -Shelley
- I have just about every color offered in these shorts. The style is pretty basic, but the elastic waist and pockets make them worth the price. They wash well - that's something that is important to me. But best of all, they are really comfortable. I think they are a little over priced, but have purchased lots of them anyway!
- Comfortable shorts for beach or home. -Judith
At my age, I never wear shorts outside my home, but these are perfect for being in the yard, working around the house, or just chillin'
- Mrs. -Harriett
- I have bought your shorts in a small forever and love them. The only thing I would say it seems the smalls are now awfully large. Thank you
- Jersey Short -julie
- A great little short to wear at the beach or around the house...also wear it over your bathing suit bottoms...perfect.
- Order from store -Vikki
- Continuously Frustrated with online store because don't have color I want or size I need. I called Fresh Produce store in La Jolla to order my Tee shirts and short sets as well as sweatshirts and capri's. Cheaper as over a certain dollar amount it is free shipping. And my sales person tells me what new things they have that is not shown online. I get personal treatment and get what I want. By the time I pay tax, shipping and price of item from online store it is not worth ordering
- too short -liz
- Loved these shorts for years, had 8-10 pair but stopped buying them because they are now too short and ride up the leg on the inside. Please bring back the longer length and I'll buy them in every color. I only have 1 pr left! Thanks!
- Very disappointed -patsy
- This fit on this short 3X is just weird. I am well proportioned this short rides up in the inner thigh. I do not have this issue with Jill shorts. The cotton is so rough it could survive an A bomb blast. I am going to keep my two pair but they will be for around the house/yard work/beach.
- Jersey shorts -Dorothy
- I have many pairs of these shorts and they are soooo comfortable. I would like the legs to be a bit narrower.
- Comfortable Shorts -Ingrid
- I love these shorts! They are so comfortable and easy to slip on either as a swim coverup or w/ a tank or t. They are a thicker material so no worries of them being thin and flimsy. Highly recommend.
- Best, most comfortable, well made shorts ever! -Deborah
Quality fabric, well constructed , perfect length everyday summer
lounging, gardening, and play short ever! The colors are so lovely too!
I purchased 5 pr, 2 blue tide, mango, twilight, and delay ocean.
They co-ordinate with jackets I already have, and t-shirts as well.
FYI: I am 5'9, 152 lbs, 39-32-39. As I am losing weight these can be
tightened with the draw string waist. I purchased a size medium. I am very happy with these shorts.
I hang all my Fresh Produce to dry....I did accidentally put my twilight
pr. into the dryer, but they came out fine. I just think clothes last longer with gentle handling . I will not wear these out to events away from home. I am 63 and think a more polished Bermuda short is age appropriate for myself.
- LIKE THESE SHORTS BUT NOT REALLY SMALL ENOUGH -Cheryl
- I have worn these shorts for years, however, for some reason the new ones seem to be a little larger than my older ones. Longer and fuller in the leg. However, I do still like them and will continue to wear them. Just wish they weren't so BIG.
- Not Small Enough -Barbara
- These are really nice shorts, but unfortunately I had to send them back. There was just too much material in the small size. Please make an extra small and I will buy several pairs!
- Jersey Shorts - Super comfortable and last forever! -Sue
I love the jersey shorts. I have been purchasing them for about 10 years. They wear well, come in every color and are so comfortable. They also run true-to-size. I have about 10 pairs myself and will continue to purchase more every time a new color comes out.
- THESE ARE THE BEST! -Karen
- I have 6 pairs of these shorts! They are my go-to shorts all summer long. They are not too short and look great with any tops. Love them!!
- staple of my summer wardrobe -Denise
- I have several pairs of these shorts, they are a staple in my wardrobe...so comfortable!
- Nice Short -Jan
- Nice short..quality material..love the pockets. Love to have some capris. same style, with pockets
- Great comfort -Beckie
- Love these but wish they were a tad bit cheaper!
- Love these shorts -Ilona
- I probably have one of every color now ... they are very comfortable and look good on.
- Great Shorts -Elle
- Love these shorts. Very comfortable and wear very well.
- Best Short Ever! -Omiet
- I have worn this style for ten + years ventured off to try others and keep coming back to them. they are the most versatile and comfortable summer short ever made! The material is awesome (jersey) and they can handle packing for the RV in the best way, with the least amount of wrinkles! Love!!!
- excellent -rachel sulmeyer
I love these shorts, always have.
They are so comfortable and last forever.
Please keep them available as they are a staple to your product line.
- Great & comfortable shorts. -YL-SUE
- I needed some new shorts and these fit the bill. Comfortable and easy care. I do wish that Fresh Produce would make shorts like the small gingham print that they use to sell. Then with a solid T you weren't all one color/pattern. Since I cannot wear anything but wash & wear, these shorts are great.
- I like the Shorts -Sam
- A very nice product
- Comfortable -Marcia
- I really like these shorts for their comfort and quality factor.. Bought my first pair last year in a XL, lost some weight so this time around order them in a large. Big difference in size from XL to L. Wish the large was a little bit bigger.
- Love these shorts! -Deane
- I have these shorts in many colors. I got some more with the cute new boca tanks. I live in florida, and they are great in the warm weather!
- Absolutely love these shorts! -Amy
- I have these in several colors. They always fit perfectly, with that wonderful cotton comfort and allow a full range of motion.
- the best! -Sweet Lo
- I love these walking shorts...cotton, comfy and last forever!
- Not a favorite any more :( -MarieCW
- I loved these shorts, and would restock with new colors every season. But the most recent ones I got are made of a thinner cotton. They are have also developed holes in several places, as less expensive shorts generally do. I love the fit and comfort, but these are no longer worth the high price because they don't last. I'd love FP to go back to the old fabric.
- Love these shorts -Maisie
- I wear these shorts with the boxy tank and it is the most comfortable outfit I own. I am 5' 6 " and 150lbs. I wear a medium in the shorts and a large in the tank. For casual wear when the temperature and humid are high this outfit cannot be beat. An added bonus is that is washes beautifully and is ready to wear straight from the dryer. The material is actually a heavy tee shirt fabric and much better than the picture.
- The Perfect Short -Cottonlover
- These cotton shorts are so flattering, the colors are wonderful and the fabric is outstanding. I've worn them most days for years. Hawaii is the perfect place to wear these, they handle beachwear very well and a tank top or any shirt is perfect with them. This is my favorite Fresh Produce item ever! I'm a long time Fresh Produce customer and heading into Macy's for them tops my shopping for the year.
- I was disappointed -sunny
- I have been wearing these shorts for years and love them. Bought several new pairs and was disappointed. The fabric was not as nice the o lder pairs that I had purchased. The new ones all had holes on the side of the pockets. They had not been sewed shut. I feel the quality of the fabric is not what it use to be.
- jersey shorts -imzadi
- I love these shorts. I don't even know how many pairs I have and I love the shorter length because I always had to get the others hemmed. The newer ones seem to be of a little different material than my older ones and I did like the other material better. But I wear these all the time.
- Too short!!!!! -JL
- I have 15 pairs of these shorts. To be quite honest I tend to wear the older shorts before the newer ones because the quality was much better in the past. They have shortened them by about an inch in the last couple of years. Visited the La Jolla store in May and was told to let my feelings known to management, because they care about customer feedback. Well, they don't!!!! Never received a response! I so want to order 5 new colors but don't because I'm afraid I'll have to send them back. I wear these almost every day, and I need new ones!! Please make them just an inch longer!!!!!
- My new wardrobe staple! -DeerFordEllen
- I went from one to five pairs of these in a month. They are the best! I did cut the drawstrings I have no need for them and the waistband does take a long time to dry, but the comfort and the great array of colors make these my go to shorts!
- need xs -Victoria
- I'm 5', 125 lb and xs fits perfectly. The legs are not too wide, length is good, and waist doesn't slip down. If the tie is not used, just pull it out! Please return the xs size, the small just looks like any other short on me.
- Turn them into pants! -Joanie
- Love, love, love these shorts! How great would it be if you'd add some length and offer them in pants or capris too? Pleeeeease :)
- Love the Jersey shorts XS -Debbi
- I love your jersey shorts - the most comfortable short. Stays like new wash after wash. I have almost every color. I wear the extra small and for some reason they are hard to find. I have to ask stores all over the U.S. to get them. Please make more XS!!! I would buy all of the new colors if they were available to me. Best short ever made!!!
- shorts are great but elastic is too bulky and thick at waist -debs
- Wish you would use less bulky elastic around the waist and get rid of the tie because it just adds to the bulk. Pls. try a less thick waistband and I would buy lots more. Thank you
- wasteband -Mary
- I wish the waistband on these shorts was the same as the Jersey Capri pants - this band is too bulky - I never want to wear them. On the other hand, the Jersey Capri's are a favorite because the band has a gentle but giving stretch AND no rope tie to add more inches to the waist. Really, these could be a favorite of mine too. The material could be less thick also. Thanks for listening!
- Great -lynchgirl
- These shorts are fabulous! Really love how comfortable they are and the nice pockets. Hoping to get several more colors! Seem to get softer with washing and age.
- Most comfy -Surfergirl
- These are the best shorts..Bought my first pair in Maui about ten yrs ago and now make sure i have all the colors I wear them in Tahoe all summer long and to any tropical place we travel to especially HI. I am comfy in them and they last forever..I buy new ones every year as you can wear them to dinner in islands if you dress them up with a nice blouse and some cute sandals...2-14-11
- live in em -Sydney
- I will NEVER be without my FP cotton jersey shorts.......have many many many of them......some just for gardening....others for going to store in.....others for going out in........they are the only summer staple I shall ALWAYS have!!!!!!
- Worth every penny, every day! -Billie.
I started buying these years ago when Carmel by the Sea had a store. I place an order from Key West every summer. I now how so many I think I may need a 12 step program........<smile> Must have at least 15 white pairs, cause they are easy to show a bit of dirt..........
P.S. Melissa at Key West is the best, but I suspect you already know that.........
- don't want to be without -fortlaudergail
- I just ordered two more! you can't hurt them, they're sooo comfortable and they really work here in florida almost all year round. maybe a bit baggy but i don't care!
- they last for years -forever jersey shorts
- I have had these shorts for maximum of 10 years and just keep adding to them.........give the older ones to the womens shelter and keep buying more!!! They just don't wear out!
- Loved for Years -Cookyb
There is simply NO comparison.....I absolutely love the Jersey
line, from tops to bottoms. Wear like Iron. Do wish they did come in more colors though. Simply love'em!
- Gotta have em -Sam
- I purchased my first pair as a part of a set from Nordstroms. That must have been 10-12 yrs ago. They are frayed but I still wear them to the pool and must get another pair! The pockets are deep and the elastic waist can expand with you @ dinner. The cotton is cool and comfortable. Hope my next pair is as roomy and comfortable as these.
- GREAT SHORTS! -Sherlock
With all the low cut shorts they are making now I cannot find a thing I like that is comfortable. These are a bit pricey but exactly what I wanted. I looked for 3 years to find this kind of short, so NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE I am hooked now. Gotta get more!
- I live in these 9 months of the year! -Christine
- I absolutely LOVE Fresh Produce and am extremely happy to find the clothes on line. PLEASE open a store somewhere in Texas. I usually buy my clothes in Florida, but discovered a couple of years ago that EBAY has a good selection as well. I literally live in Fresh Produce clothes most of the year. I love the bright colors, comfortable feel, and easy care.
- Love em -LT
- I've got umteen pairs of these shorts and couldn't do without them. They are too baggy these days, but I still have to have them. (The older ones were cut slimmer.) More colors please !
- Need more colors!! -Maureen
- What everybody else said above and please add more colors to the line!!
- Must have for summer! -Lori
I have these shorts in several colors. I mix them with your t-shirts. I always
purchase t-shirts in Sanibel and St Thomas when I visit. Half my suitcase is
filled with goodies from Fresh Produce! These shorts are so comfortable.
I just throw them on in the mornings for my walks with the dog. They look
great wash after wash.
- LOVE "EM! -Cookie
- I have been wearing Fresh Produce shorts for many, many years. I finally had to throw away my first purple shorts a few years ago! they virtually last forever! I have never owned such comfortable shorts. I buy a pair or two whenever I am on vacation in Florida or the Caribbean......I, too, sometimes put them on first thing in the morning to go outside and garden or whatever! I brought my girlfriends to a Fresh Produce store in Naples Fl and they loved the clothes. I even bought two dresses and wear them to work and receive so many compliments! When I found out that you could purchase on-line I was very happy!! THANK YOU!! PS I love the cotton skirts now too!
- Wonderful shorts!! -Sunny
- What a perfect pair of shorts for summer. Whenever I wear these shorts, I think of sunshine, water, and summer fun!! My most favorite pair of shorts!! Just putting them on makes me HAPPY!!!! Thanks for such a great product.
- The Best -Kris
- I bought these shorts with the matching "one size" v neck t-shirt and I can hardly wait for the dryer to finish to put them back on. My new favorite jammies that are suitable for me to go get the paper in. My husband is no longer embarassed of me sitting on the front porch with my coffee in the morning. I am so comfortable!!!
- Best shorts ever -Karen
- I have to buy at least two pair of these shorts every year, because I wear them all the time. The black ones look nice on the bottom of my black bathing suit when I'm out on our boat. I wear my old ones to garden in because they move with me and the thick cotton is so cool. These are my favorite Fresh Produce pieces. Hooray!
- must have -fresh produce loyal customer
I bought two of these lovely, comfortable white shorts at Nordstroms about 8 or 10 years ago. I became disappointed when I could no longer find these comfortable one of a kind shorts! I also looked at fresh produce clothes website and could not longer find them. About three weeks ago, I went back to Nordstroms and saw the Fresh Produce Clothes line again, but they did not carry my favorite lovely white cotton shorts! So, I visited Fresh Produce website and voila! Found the shorts again and bought three whites and one green. Lovely natural comfortable shorts.
If you like the feel of natural and comfort, these shorts are a must have definitely! :)
- Jersey shorts -Marcia
- I wear these everyday and love how they mix and match with all your tops. It makes getting dressed so easy and the combinations are endless. I wish you'd come out with some new colors so I can buy more!!
- So Comfortable! -Ali
- I bought two pairs of these shorts in Florida about four years ago and I wear them a lot. Yesterday I was in a Fresh Produce store in Las Vegas and found some more shorts in other new colors and bought them right away. I love these shorts. They are so bright and comfortable, and they go with so many other things.