A fresh layering piece, the Baby Rib Essential Cardigan is so versatile and soft you'll love it season after season. 100% cotton baby rib, pearl covered snaps, sheeting trim, Made in the USA.
about our color - garment dyeGarment Dye is the process that makes Fresh Produce clothing look and feel sun washed and beach worn. We sew up the style and then dip it in Fresh Produce Color. The process requires heat so all of our garment dyed clothing is pre-shrunk, soft, and fabulous! (This is also why size specifications can be slightly different.) We love how garment dye brings out the individual personality of each garment -- just like our customers, no two are exactly alike! Color variances and/or fading are normal.
wash & care - keep your colors brightAt Fresh Produce we're all about keeping it easy. Unless otherwise noted in the description, all of our product can be machine washed in cold and tumble dried on low. Avoid using detergent bleaches, stain removers, or fabric softeners. For stains we recommend using a mild dish washing detergent (Hint! DAWN) directly on stains, let sit for 15-30 minutes, then wash as usual.
fabrication specificsFor more information about the specific fabrics we use, or other terms on our site, please reference our FP Glossary
Our styles fit just like our attitude -- relaxed and carefree. Did we mention we hate fuss? Throw-on-and-go pieces are casual, easy-to-pair and designed to have you out the door in no time. Our clothes are crafted with a relaxed fit in quality fabrics meant to flatter and move, never to cling or restrict. The unique garment dye process gives each style it's own character-- always pre-shrunk, soft and vibrant, ready to be worn again and again.
*all measurements are shown in inches
- Baby Rib Essential Cardigan -Marcie
- I have been wearing this cardigan in many colors for many years now and just love them! So glad they are still available to order!
- My favorite cardigan ever -Mary
- I love this cardigan!! It's hard to find a cardigan in a heavy t shirt type fabric. This is the best 4 season cardigan ever.
- My favorite -Deb
- Please bring this back in the solid colors! It is my favorite Fresh Produce item.
- Come back! -SBD
I love these cardigans; please bring back all those luscious colors and full-range of sizes. There must be so many of us clamoring for them!
- Second Cardigan! -Terry
- I already have this cardigan in the peach color and love it! I just purchased a white one in the St. Augustine store during the 50% off sale. I love wearing it with FP dresses. I live in south Georgia, but I don't get too hot in this cardigan because it is cotton. I wear it open and push the sleeves up in summer! I would purchase other colors if available. I'm 5'3", 155 lbs., 36DDD and the small fit perfectly!
- Versatile -Debra
This is a great sweater. I have about 4 and just bought 3 more. I wear them over the boxey tank and they look great. I love that the fabric is cotton, which gives a comfy feel! I wear the black cardigan so much that I had to purchase another after a few years of wear!
I usually wear a small in fresh produce tops, but the medium fits best in this sweater. Even after many washes it doesn't shrink and keeps it's shape!
- Not crazy about the cardigan -Tina
- It was just too plain-Jane. Reminded me of something that my Gramma would wear.
- So soft! -Terry
- Only size in store was a Small. I almost didn't try it on because I usually wear a Large (36DDD, 150 lbs., 5'3"). But it was a really good price! The small fit! I can even snap it closed! But, I like to wear it open. The look on me is not as loose as on the model. I can just snap right under bust for an even more trim look if I want to accentuate my bust or leave it open for a more casual look. Bought Fresh Mango color.
- Great cardigan -Mary
This is a FP favorite of mine. I have it in a few colors. I hope FP will bring back the baby blue color, it's just a tad lighter than the one the model is wearing.
Fits well, and I can wear it year round.
- It really is essential! -Jes
- I sized down to a L from XL, which I usually am. It's a lightweight and comfy sweater made out of t-shirt material. I bought my first one in fresh mango and wore it so often that I just git one in peri! It needs to be hit with an iron on the snaps and looks great on. Very soft and flattering!
- Great cardigan -Mary
Best.Cardigan.Ever. I wear this open with a tank top underneath or snapped up just by itself.
It is lightweight enough to take me from fall through spring, and even in over-air conditioned buildings in the summer. I own this in two colors and plan to buy more!
- This is attractive -sandibeach
- I ordered several items & this is the only one that ran true to size. I wore it as a sweater unsnapped, but I can wear it the other way also
- One of my favorite new finds!!! Love it! -Kathyt
- Love the Cardigan -janan2
- This is the best little cardigan for when you want a little coverup but nothing bulky. This little piece is so comfortable and lightweight. I used to wear a lot of hoodies but this is much nicer for when you are running around or going out. Love it so much I have several colors.
- Need this in purple please! -barb
- Great layering piece needs to be offered in purple.
- Great Cardigan -Pamie
- I have several, need I say more!
- Perfect Versatile Top -Gwinnie
- I love this top! My sister had one and I admired it so much I found your website online so I could purchase one! I love the colors available and the weight of the fabric. I would love to have one in every color but adding S & H and tax makes that impossible! Maybe another one next month!
- Love these casual cardigans need one in each color -Patty
Love d my white one so much had to order 2 more
Great addition to wardrobe and to bring along for air conditioning
Goes with everything dress up or dress down
- Not true to size -MJ
- I'm disappointed with this cardigan. I have a black one that I purchased in Canada earlier in the summer and I love it. It's perfect. I was eager to have a white one as well but they didn't have my size when I purchased the black one. While the white one I ordered on line is the same size, it's a very different fit from the black one. It's much tighter, or more fitted, or simply cut smaller. I will wear it on occasion, but it won't be a standard for me -- and I'm afraid to order another one in a different color, which I probably would have done.
- Wonderful this makes number 6 for me -Pattis
- I have ordered so many over the years love them
- Need to check workmanship -Karen
- I was very disappointed with this product. I ordered four essential cardis and returned them all as there were flaws in the seams of each one. I have not experienced any problems with other products I ordered from Fresh Produce. I like the style and quality of the fabric, but felt the shoulder seams,which were already coming apart, would not withstand d the rigors of my grandchildren. For the price, I expect it should be well made..
- I love this cardigan -sukey
I have almost every color in this cardigan and I wear them everyday.
I love the fact they are made in the USA
- perfect cardigan -Lo
- i love these cardigans, they are perfect weight for all year wear. i have 6 of them and am always watching for new colors. but have to wait to find them on sale. the price is expensive for a cotton casual cardigan. Lo
- Disappointed in sizing guidelines -K
- This sweater is quite nice, but it runs HUGE! I bought a medium in the periwinkle in early August when free shipping was available and because the summer was so hot, I didn't get to wear it until mid-September. I had followed the size charts, thinking I wanted it a little big in case it shrunk a bit. I'm 5'4 and weight around 128. This sweater in medium is big enough to fit a person weighing 60 pounds more than I do! I can't return it acc'g to FP policy on the website (and no person is available to speak to, of course), so it can't be returned and I am a very disappointed customer on this one. The peri color is beautiful, though. I'll have to give this away as a gift.
- ESSENTIAL is the perfect name for these! -Marny
These are wonderful!!!! I've owned 10 of them so far, and am ordering 3 again today! I wear them almost every day during the summer.
Please don't change them!
- own 4 of these cardigans -jdcirish
- I live on the East Coast and travel to the West Coast often . I enjoy wearing them on both coasts-they are equally comfortable and the colors are wonderful. Get many complements on the style,fit and colors.
- Love the colors, softness, weight, -MARTY
- Love this cardigan....have one ordering three additional colors!
- Perfect -WIlma
- I love love love this top! I bought 2 when I was at Universal in Orlando over a year ago, and I wear them all the time. Perfect weight, wash wonderfully and get better with age. Ready to buy a couple more in different colors. A+ FP!
- Love these sweaters -Mary Beth
- I live in New England where it can get mighty cold. I wear these sweaters ALL YEAR LONG! They are comfortable, wash beautifully and the colors are vibrant! I will NOT buy another sweater! More colors please!!!!!!!!
- Baby Rib Cardigan -Peggy
Love, love love them. I wish that they came in more colors. I''d have every one!!
I wear them all the time - out to dinner, sporting events, movies.etc. A perfect accessory! Keep up the good work!
- Baby Rib Essential Cardigan -Anita
- This sweater is wonderful, I have it in several different colors. I love it .... have to find it in pink.
- Wardrobe staple -Jennifer
- I started buying these years ago, not realizing how often I'd wear them. Like another poster said, they are the perfect weight. Fresh Produce will always have my loyalty due to the endless wardrobe options and comfortable, yet put-together looks. I wear this cardigan with white tanks, usually, but it's fun to pair them with colors from the line. Belize, for instance, looks great with brown or citrus. That's why FP is so addictive. Just when you think you have enough, they come out with all these great colors to expand your wardrobe!
- perfect coverup -Marcia
- I have every color and wear them all the time over your tops. They are the perfect summer weight.
- Baby Rib Essential Cardigan -Karen
- I recently bought this light sweater and love it. It can be worn over a top or snapped up as a top. I love it because it is a nice lightweight fabric that is so comfortable and it is great for shopping, going out to eat where it might be a little chilly, or outside in the evening if it might be a little chilly. It goes well with many of my fresh produce outfits and I am so glad I bought it.